Buxton draw after being 2 goals ahead

Buxton will feel they have lost out on 2 points after Whitby scored 2 goals in quick succession late on in the game.

Buxton, who were most dominant throughout, started as they meant to go on with Hurst doing some great link up play in the opening stages.

The first chance of the game came from Diego De Girolamo with a shot being blocked away for a corner my Mills.

Whitby however came close after they crossed the ball into the box from a freekick with Hazel winning the header but the Bucks clearing it out well

Buxton got them self the goal to make it 1-0 in the 15th minute through Reece King . Brogan whipped in a great cross to Diego De Girolamo who flicked it over his man then headed it out to King who hit a great volley and blasted in to the back of the net.

They almost doubled the lead soon after with Diego De Girolamo being played through on goal and should’ve done better with it but it was saved comfortably by the keeper.

The Seasiders first real opportunity came from Hawkins with him hitting a long range shot hard but it went just wide of the post.

Brogan again did a great cross this time in from a freekick to Walshaw who met it with his head but went over the bar.

A miss kick from Taylor in goal hit the foot of Hawkins just before half tome but he just wasn’t able to get it under control to be through on goal.

Buxton started the second half much the better side and wasn’t to long before they got the second goal of the game this time from the penalty spot. An unfair penalty most would think as it was judged that Diego De Girolamo was brought down the box. Diego stepped up himself and scored to make it 2-0 to the Bucks.

The home side piled on the pressure again with Walshaw being played through on goal but a bog defensive Challenge from Ible did well to clear it behind.

Whitby came into the game more after this with a Dan Rowe header glancing towards goal going into the keepers hands.

The Seasiders did get a goal back in the through substitute Marcus Giles after a defensive area from Killock gave the ball away and Giles finished it off wonderfully.

And they equalised in quick time which was completely against the run of play. Ex Buck Hazel ran through on goal and rounded off the keeper to make it 2-2.

In what was a very dominant performance from Buxton the game ended as a draw and they will feel that it was 2 points lost.

4 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

Jamie Vermiglio has been appointed team manager of Buxton FC to lead the Bucks in their first National League North season. ​ A former Chorley player and in charge for four years, Jamie, 39, achieved

JAMIE VERMIGLIO IS BUXTON'S NEW MANAGER Jamie Vermiglio, recently resigned as manager of Chorley, has been appointed team manager of Buxton FC to lead the Bucks in their first National League North se