Buxton win convincingly against local rivals

Buxton won 3-1 against Leek Town in what was a great performance from the home side.

The Bucks started the half on the back foot with a corner from Leek falling to Ashman who connected well but it went just wide.

The first chance from Buxton came from a cross turned shot by Tommy Elliott who whipped it in but went over the bar.

It didn’t take long for them to gain their opening goal of the game however with Diego De Girolamo playing a lovely ball past the Leek defence to Reece King who finished it off wonderfully to make the score 1-0.

They had Added confidence since the goal with lots of possession in the middle of the park. Diego got another opportunity as well when he hit his shot hard and low after a corner.

Leek‘s best shot in the beginning 25 minutes came from Wakefield hitting it from long range with Shelton tipping it just over the bar. Soon after this an almost identical shot happened this time coming from Reeves that went high and over.

The added pressure from the visitors did result in them getting a very lucky goal in the 38th minute of the game . Tim Grice launching at the ball after a rebound to head it into the goal.

Grice almost doubled his goal tally in the game straight after this with the ball falling to him in the box but he hit it at the defender and out for a corner to bring the half to and end at 1-1. Both sides started the half going up and down with the ball shares between them. The half took a break when someone invaded the pitch and ran about.

Buxton regained the lead through Warren Clarke after a great fast paced run through and a nice finish into the goal to make it 2-1.

Abadeki, after being subbed on, Headed the ball towards the goal after Brogan crosses it in but couldn‘t get enough on it. Another substitute had a chance not long after this with Walshaw firing past the post after a lay off from Clarke.

The next big chance came again from the home side with a corner swung in and a Leek player having to head away clear after beating his man in the air.

Buxton continued to put the pressure on. A lovely 1-2 ball with Diego and Clarke put Clarke through on goal but he just couldn’t finsh off the chance.

Buxton did get the third to finish of the game in style in the 87th minute. A freekick from Diego De Girolamo who hit an outside the foot shot curling into the goal for 3-1 and the last chance of the game .

6 views0 comments